Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I guess everyone has their reasons
for keeping people away;
an instinct to protect yourself from getting hurt.
It's part of human nature

There are two ways to be happy; improve your reality or lower your expectations

everyone judges, do whatever you want, the ones who love you would never leave

you just have to keep putting yourself out there and hope you get something back

and i'm sorry for putting you through this
all, but i was fighting with myself and it was
something i had to do on my own

look into my eyes, listen to what i have to say,
and know that i am the one person that will
never walk away

You’ve been halfway living your life for too long. When it’s time to die, go ahead and die. And when it’s time to live, live. Don’t sort-of-maybe live, but live like you’re going all out, like you’re not afraid

Some things, however, are true no matter how hard you might try to block them out. And a lie is always a lie, no matter how prettily told. Some doors, once they’re opened, can never be closed again. Just as some trust, once it’s been lost, can never be won back

I wonder about your life now. Do you wonder why we were friends, why we aren't anymore, why we made the choices we did? Do you wonder how things might be different if we hadn't? Even you must admit that parting was a turning point in both our lives. For awhile, we were practically the same person, you and I

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe

I think it’s more interesting to see people who don’t feel appropriately. I relate to that, because sometimes I don’t feel anything at all for things I’m supposed to, and other times I feel too much. It’s not always like it is in the movies

She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance, perhaps. Or maybe a quiet, heartfelt conversation into the wee hours of the night. Or perhaps something as simple as not being second

One of these days I'm gonna love me
And fill the joy of sweet release
One of these days I'll rise above me
And at last I'll find some peace
And then I'm gonna smile a little
and Maybe even laugh a little but
One of these days I'm gonna love me

I'm too scared to say the things worth saying. Who knew this trip would be this hard? As I'm looking to the sky to count the stars, I wonder if you see them where you are. I'm down on both my knees and pray tomorrow brings no pain

Happiness comes in many forms - in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It’s okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be

At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross

sometimes the best thing you can do for someone
is to just exist. to be there when they suddenly realize
that they need you right then.

there's a road to healing, you just have to find it

i've been thinking a lot lately about taking chances
and how it's really just about overcoming your fears.
because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life,
no matter how it ends up, you're always glad you took it

risk more than others think is safe.
care more than others think is wise.
dream more than others think is practical
and expect more than others think is possible.

life is about trusting your feelings
& taking chances, losing & finding happiness
appreciating the memories & learning from the pain
& realizing that people always change.

and every time you feel like crying,
i'm gonna try and make you laugh
and if i can't, if it just hurts too bad,
then we will wait for it to pass
and i will keep you company
through those days so long and black

sometimes the things that happen to you in this life,
make you a stronger person for tomorrow

i like being alone. i always have. but it's not the present that worries me. what worries me is that i'll have to spend the next fifty years on my own and that's something i really don't want to have to think about. but in the meantime i'm used to my own company, and i haven't had to think about anyone else for months. years

i miss the past, and all the people who were apart of it.
i miss the people who claimed to care about me, when
deep down, i knew as well as them, that they didn't. i
miss the way things used to be. it's a known fact, which
i was aware of, but i didnt want to believe it, not like
how i do now, people always leave

i'm sorry i made a mistake,
but i'm not gonna apologize for being human.

i looked out the car window today and
i’m realizing that i miss you again.
it’s funny how out of nowhere you came to mind.
the truth is, i wish you were here

i don't know if i deserve you or not,
but I know that i will love you unlike any other

It's not up to me anymore.
If you want me in your life, you'll find a way to put me there.

It's almost like you had it planned,
it's like you smiled & shook my hand..
And said, "Hey, i'm about to screw you over big time."

if you want what you’ve never had, you have to do what you’ve never done

Sometimes you meet somebody,
And you know that whatever you did before,
It must have been right...
Because nothing you've done could be too bad,
Or have gone too far wrong,
Because it led you to this person

i laugh, i love, i hope, i try, i hurt, i need, i fear, i cry.
and i know you do the same things too, so we're not really that different you and i

i can't promise i'll fix all your problems, but i can promise you won't have to face them alone.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder,but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment