Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I’m just as nervous as you.
Last night I took one look at you
& I got this feeling you’re the right one.

I keep thinking of how much I love talking
to you. How good you look when you smile.
How much I love your laugh. I daydream
about you off & on, replaying pieces of our
conversations; laughing at funny things that you
said or did. I've memorized your face & the
way that you look at me. I catch myself
smiling again at what I imagine. I wonder
what will happen the next time we are together
& even though neither of us know what the
future holds, I know one thing for sure;
You're the best thing that has ever happened to me

I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay

Sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can’t anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.

I know we're good together.
You're the only person I can be myself with, even if I don't know who
the hell that is

The friends who grew up with you deserve a special respect. The ones who stuck by you shoulder to shoulder, in a time where nothing was certain, all life lay ahead, & every road led home

There's nothing scarier than getting what you want;
Because then you really have something to lose


No comments:

Post a Comment